Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Japanese Haiku

Writing poetry may seem to be boring but I have been spending some time trying out some of the different types of poetry, one of my favorite to write so far is the Japanese Haiku.  Haiku traditionally consist of 17 syllables done in an arrangement of 5, 7, 5. 
The are usually done on a seasonal theme and the Japanese used a specific list of words.  I am also learning that these poems were based on two ideas separated by a sharp word which was used to indicate the change between the two ideas.  Very interesting to do in so few of words which is what makes it so much fun.
I have written some on another blog that I own and I am moving my work from there to this blog so if you notice this don't worry no stealing another's work for me. See www.kazshomemadetips.com .
Here is a couple of my haiku:



Now you can see I have a lot of work to do to get my haiku to look like a traditional haiku but I have really enjoyed working with this type of poetry.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku is an good site for information on this type of poem writing you can also check other poetry sites for several poetry types.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends

Friends lovely bird songs everywhere bees buzzing by children’s laughter in the air as the breeze floats by dogs bar...