Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Blood Orange

This is my blood orange doing well after this years hard freeze.  Our winter was short and warmer then normal but we did have about 3 days of a hard freeze with temps below 32 degrees for hours at a time.  I lost some of my grapefruit even though they were covered. 
The blood orange is an excellent tasting citrus and this little tree has given me a sample of fruit in it's early days.  This tree only bears fruit every 3 years which is the hard part so I have one more year to see if it will give more.
Wikipedia has some interesting facts about these trees and their fruit.  They come from China or the Southern Mediterranean in the 18th century. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friends

Friends lovely bird songs everywhere bees buzzing by children’s laughter in the air as the breeze floats by dogs bar...